Sev's G3 Ulcer Formula
Developed by an equine veterinarian, Sev's G3 Ulcer Formula is designed to aid in the treatment and prevention of Equine Gastric Ulcer Syndrome (EGUS).
Designed to TREAT, not just prevent and provide maintenance, for gastric ulcers.
The Ulcer Formula targets three areas of concern:
-The Non-Glandular portion of the stomach
-The Glandular portion of the stomach
-The Hind Gut
All natural ingredients.
This special blend of ingredients is designed to protect damaged mucosal tissue, and to heal it. It is also designed to prevent gastric ulcers.
There is no rebound effect, such as seen consistently with acid suppression and Hydrogen pump blocking/inhibiting medications.
No adverse side effects, even with long-term administration.
Human food grade quality ingredients! No grains, fillers, preservatives, additives.
Active Ingredients: a proprietary blend of Marshmallow Root Powder, Slippery Elm Bark, Sea Buckthorn, Aloe Vera Inner Leaf Gel Powder, Apple Pectin, Sunflower Lecithin, Fennel, L-Glutamine, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Carbonate, Alltech Yea-Sacc 1026 Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
Directions for Use: Based on the average 1,100-1,200 pound adult horse:
1. Maintenance, Prevention, and Treatment for mild to moderate ulcers: Top dress soaked beet pulp and/or alfalfa pellets with 6 Tablespoons of powder twice daily.
2. Treatment of moderate to severe ulcers: Top dress soaked beet pulp and/or alfalfa pellets with 12 Tablespoons of powder twice daily.
3. Critical: 12 Tablespoons with added water in a syringe given orally 2-3 times daily.
4. NOT FOR USE IN PREGNANT MARES; If your mare is pregnant or you plan to breed her, we specially formulate a product that can be used in pregnant mares.
5. Often, if ulcers are severe, for treatment, we use a combination of the maintenance dose (6 TBSPs) twice daily with a twice daily administration of Sucralfate am and pm (for an average 1,100-1,200 pound horse, 10 grams or 10,000 mg of Sucralfate; ten 1 gram tablets crushed with water added and some molasses in a syringe, given orally) twice daily an hour before or after food.
Horses prone to ulcers or who have them should not be fed grain or grain products in their diet. We recommend using soaked beet pulp or alfalfa pellets (or both together, preferably). 1/4 cup of corn oil may be added. Wet the powder to help it bind to soaked feed if necessary. To improve initial palatability and to adjust the horse's GI system to the ulcer formula, slowly introduce it over the course of 7-10 days, beginning with 1-2 TBSPs. Most horses readily take to it, but if not, add a small amount of molasses, apple sauce, etc. until they acquire the taste for the formula. Horses crave it once they acquire the taste.
Feed horses quality forage in small amounts several times daily, or with nibble nets. Minimize stress. It's all part of the Formula for SevSuccess in combatting Equine Gastric Ulcer Syndrome.
Scoop is not included with product.
At maintenance dose, approximately 4-6 week supply.
At moderate/severe treatment dose, approximately 21 day supply.
Store in a cool, dry place, and keep well sealed to preserve freshness. This product is intended to aid in the treatment and prevention of gastric ulcers in horses, and is not a replacement for feed, veterinary care, or to treat other health conditions. Always provide access to fresh, clean water. Consumers should read all labels and follow directions exactly as written for optimal results. Consult with your veterinarian prior to use if your horse is receiving medications or has other health conditions. This is a natural product designed to support, heal, and maintain the GI system of the horse; allow 30 days minimum to see results. However, results are often seen within a few days of administering 6 TBSPs twice daily. This product is not intended to treat colic or replace veterinary care and examination.